NEW INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IS A SCHOOL WHERE….
* Discrimination on the basis of race, sex, or place of origin does not exist.
* Every child becomes bilingual or multilingual over time:
> Academic and social skills in both English and Japanese are developed.
> The children have the option to study Chinese as well.
> The native language of each child is celebrated, encouraged, and supported.
* Social and environmental studies, math and science, the language arts, fine arts, performing arts, and
physical education are all an essential and integral part of the life of every child and are directed to
the development of life skills: collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect and appreciation, inquiry,
problem-solving, attention to audience, and effective use of language, as well as technical skills and
academic and artistic inspiration.
* The children retain and/or develop self-motivation, a healthy self-image, and an appreciation of
others by virtue of what they are able to learn and accomplish within a school environment designed
for their enjoyment and success.
* The curriculum is always in the process of development based on the latest research and experience
in teaching and learning, especially as regards multilingual and multiage education:
> Administrators and teachers are constantly updating their knowledge through the professional
development opportunities offered.
> Information sessions, orientations and seminar opportunities are provided for parents as well, so
that they may be better informed about their child’s education.
* Spacious classrooms and an abundance of books, hands-on materials and technological resources
are provided for the enjoyment and enrichment of the children's learning experience.
* Standpoints/individual points of view are considered, developed, understood, and appreciated in
* Expert placement counseling is provided for options after New International School.
It is further stated that:
THE ABOVE GOALS ARE ACCOMPLISHED IN A DEVELOPMENTALLY BASED,
MULTIAGE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT FREE FROM THE STANDARDIZATION AND
RIGIDITY OF THE FIXED AGE-GRADE SYSTEM.
The above mission is really the “bottom line” as far as this school is concerned. We are confident that
if we all work together in furtherance of this mission, the school will become better and better on
behalf of the children."
Director/Head of School